Tickets purchase
VideoPass purchase

Lorenzo Interview: “Valentino deserved to be the winner”

Lorenzo Interview: “Valentino deserved to be the winner”

In Barcelona on Tuesday Jorge Lorenzo gave his opinion about #RossiVsMarquez to motogp.com.

On Tuesday morning in Barcelona the double MotoGP™ World Champion chatted exclusively to motogp.com about the Dutch GP:

The Spanish rider discussed his performance in Holland, where he crossed the line in third after four straight wins: “In Assen, we found some things that made it hard for us to be fast, especially in two sectors, but we managed to salvage third place and not lose many points to Valentino. Hopefully the next race in Germany will go much better.”

Along with his teammate Rossi, Lorenzo was using the new frame that Yamaha had brought to Assen after its debut at a recent test, and he gave his verdict: “It is positive for every rider, it gives us a little bit more traction especially when the rear tyre starts to drop, so it’s a positive thing, its not a big thing, but a little bit better and will give us a small advantage.”

Lorenzo identified the new Bridgestone tyres developed for Assen as one of the reasons he struggled to get into a rhythm at the Dutch GP: “20% of the problem was the tyres, the other 80% was the two sectors you simply don’t encounter at any other track, where you have to change direction at very high speed. As a rider I couldn’t solve my problems and couldn’t be faster.”

The Sachsenring, along with Austin and Argentina, is one of the only tracks on the World Championship calendar where Lorenzo has not tasted victory, could this change in 2015: “Every year I go there with the idea of ​​getting the first win, but it's complicated. There are riders who are very fast on the circuit, Pedrosa for example; Marquez also. It is more suitable for a Honda, as it is a more stop and go circuit with slow corners. It is a track where maybe our bike lacks a bit, as we cannot take advantage of our good cornering in faster turns. I managed several second places there and have been close to winning in the past! Who knows, maybe this year we can get our first victory.”

After the race in Assen, Lorenzo refused to be drawn on giving his opinion on the final chicane clash between Rossi and Marquez, but he finally gave his verdict to motogp.com: “It is true, after the race I couldn’t make an answer because I didn’t see it during the race. Now I have seen it a few more times, to be honest, it is true that you cannot go straight and on to the gravel normally, but the contact from Marc was huge. Vale entered the chicane in the first position, so in my opinion he deserved the win this time.”

Tags:
MotoGP, 2015, Jorge Lorenzo, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP, #RossiVsMarquez

Other updates you may be interested in ›

SAATC
Want to be a Champion?

1 year ago

Want to be a Champion?