All of the most useful Moto2™ facts and figures you need ahead of the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana.
This year will be the 17th Grand Prix of Valencia, which has been held every year at the Ricardo Tormo circuit since the first visit in 1999. Below are some facts and stats about the intermediate class at Valencia:
- Johann Zarco has finished on the podium for the last two years in Valencia – third on both occasions. Zarco has finished on the podium 14 times so far in 2015 equalling the record number of podiums in a season in the intermediate-class (Moto2™/250cc), held jointly by Marc Marquez (2012) and Tito Rabat (2014
- Tito Rabat qualified on pole and finished second at the final race of last year – his first grand prix podium finish at the Valencia circuit.
- Alex Rins has had a single podium finish at Valencia – third in the Moto3™ race in 2013 after qualifying on pole.
- Mika Kallio has had two wins at the Valencia Grand Prix – the 125cc race in 2005 and the 250cc race in 2007
- Tom Luthi’s victory in the Moto2™ race last year in Valencia was his first podium finish at the circuit.
- In addition to Kallio and Luthi mentioned above, other Valencia winners currently competing in the Moto2™ class are: Simone Corsi (125cc – 2008) and Julian Simon (125cc – 2009).