A number of Moto3™ World Championship riders have been strong in Argentina, can they go it again?
Get up to speed with the state of the Moto3™ World Championship ahead of the Argentina GP.
- Following Niccolo Antonelli’s victory in Qatar he leads the World Championship standings for the first time. Prior to his win at the Czech Grand Prix last year Antonelli had made 61 grand prix starts without standing on the podium; in the last nine races he has had five podium finishes including three wins.
- Brad Binder finished fifth in the Moto3™ race in Argentina in 2015 – the highest placed rider in that race who is still competing in the Moto3™ class.
- Francesco Bagnaia’s third place finish in Qatar was his first podium for both himself and Mahindra since he was third in the French Grand Prix last year.
- Romano Fenati won the Moto3™ race in Argentina in 2014, his first GP win since 2012. Last year Fenati qualified in eighth place on the grid but was demoted to the back of the grid due to an accumulation of penalty points. He worked his way through the field to finish in eighth place.
- Livio Loi finished fourth two years ago in Argentina, which was his best grand prix result at that time.