The MotoGP™ Championship may have been settled in Japan but both the Moto2™ and Moto3™ titles are yet to be decided. However, at the Shell Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix, both Francesco Bagnaia (SKY Racing Team VR46) and Jorge Martin (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) can claim Champion victories.
Bagnaia has a 36-point advantage in the intermediate class, while Martin has a 12-point cushion in the lightweight class. So, how can either rider become a World Champion for the first time on Sunday at Sepang?
Bagnaia will be Champion in Sepang if:
- He finishes on the podium, regardless of Oliveira's result.
- He finishes 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th and Oliveira does not win the race.
- He finishes 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th and Oliveira does not finish higher than 3rd.
- He finishes 12th, 13th or 14th and Oliveira does not finish on the podium.
- He finishes 15th or does not get any points and Oliveira does not finish higher than 5th
Martin will be Champion in Sepang if:
- He wins and Bezzecchi does not finish higher than fifth
- He finishes second, Bezzecchi does not finish higher than ninth and Di Giannantonio does not finish on the podium
- He is third, Bezzecchi does not finish higher than 13th and Di Giannantonio is no higher than fifth.
- He finishes fourth, Bezzecchi does not score points and Di Giannantonio does not finish higher than 8th.
Don't forget to check the updated time schedule for Sunday and watch the Moto3™ and Moto2™ races take place.