New to motogp.com?Register here
Avintia Esponsorama Racing’s Eric Granado was the fastest man on track on Day 1 at the Gran Premio Lenovo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini, setting a 1:43.990 – the only sub 1:44 of the day – to beat reigning Cup winner Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) by 0.032 seconds. FP1 pacesetter Alex de Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) completing the opening day of running at his home race in P3, 0.188 from Granado.
Granado found over a second in the second MotoE™ Free Practice session to jump from P4 to P1, with the top six on the combined times beating last season’s E-Pole time. Behind the leading trio was Cup leader Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP), who comes into Misano fresh from competing in the two Moto2™ races at the Red Bull Ring. Aergerter settled back into MotoE™ life well to be 0.460 off Granado’s time, with Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadracorse) completing the top five as every rider improved in FP2.
Niki Tuuli (Avant Ajo MotoE) is back on board his Energica Ego Corsa after suffering an injury in Jerez, the Finn finishing P6 on the combined times ahead of Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS), Xavier Simeon (LCR E-Team), Niccolo Canepa (LCR E-Team) and Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40).
FP3 can be followed via Live Timing at 11:50 (GMT+2), with the ever-exciting E-Pole taking place at 16:10!
Top 10 combined:
1. Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) – 1:43.990
2. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) + 0.032
3. Alex de Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 0.188
4. Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.460
5. Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadracorse) + 0.552
6. Niki Tuuli (Avant Ajo MotoE) + 0.595
7. Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.676
8. Xavier Simeon (LCR E-Team) + 0.739
9. Niccolo Canepa (LCR E-Team) + 0.762
10. Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) + 0.786
Click here for the full results!
Are you a MotoE™ fan? Complete THIS SURVEY to be in with a chance of winning a MotoGP™ Season VideoPass!
5 years ago
5 years ago