New to motogp.com?Register here
A sensational new MotorLand Aragon lap record hands Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) pole position for the Gran Premio TISSOT de Aragon, as the stage is now set for the Italian to try and claim his maiden MotoGP™ win. Ahead of lights out at 14:00 local time (GMT+2) on Sunday, check out some of the stats to emerge from qualifying below.
1. Bagnaia has qualified on pole position for the second time in MotoGP™ along with Qatar this year. He will be aiming to take his maiden win in the class.
2. This pole position for Bagnaia is the 50th pole position for Ducati in the premier class.
3. In addition, this is the third pole position for Ducati at MotorLand Aragon along with Casey Stoner in 2010, when he took Ducati’s only win at the track, and Jorge Lorenzo in 2018.
4. This is the first qualifying 1-2 for the two factory Ducati riders since the 2018 Aragon GP, which saw Jorge Lorenzo on pole ahead of Andrea Dovizioso.
5. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) has qualified second, equalling his best qualifying result of the season so far from the Catalan GP, a race in which he third place – his most recent podium. Miller has finished on the podium in MotoGP™ at MotorLand back in 2019.
6. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team), who has won five premier class races at MotorLand, has qualified fourth for his best qualifying result since he was third at the 2020 Spanish GP.
7. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) has qualified sixth for the best second-best qualifying result for an Aprilia rider at MotorLand in MotoGP™ after 2019, when he qualified fifth. He will be aiming to give Aprilia their first back-to-back podiums in the premier class.
8. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) has qualified in eighth, equalling his second-best result of the season so far from France and Germany.
9. Joining Q2 for the first time in his rookie season in MotoGP™, Enea Bastianini (Avintia Esponsorama) has qualified ninth, which is his best qualifying result in the class. His best result on Sunday so far in MotoGP™ is a ninth place finish in Portugal.
10. Winner last year at the Aragon GP, Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) has qualified 20th, which is his worst qualifying result since he also qualified 20th last year at the Andalucia GP while nursing a shoulder injury.