Teams and riders have been notified about the places where penalties may occur if any rider short-cuts at the Gran Premio Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini this weekend.
The sectors for Misano are defined between FL - TP1, covering both Turn 1-2 and Turn 2-3. In principle, a rider making a mistake and short-cutting the track should lose time compared to staying on track.
FIM regulation Art. 1.21.3 will be enforced as follows:
- Riders cutting the track in practice and qualifying will have the lap time cancelled.
- Riders cutting the track in the race must be at least 1 second slower in that sector than their average normal time for that sector (“normal” = not the first lap, or any other irregular lap eg. due to changing conditions or an incident).
- If the rider is not at least 1 second slower, a time penalty will be imposed equal to 2 seconds slower than the rider’s average normal time for that sector.
- Any position gained by short-cutting the track must be given back immediately.
- If a rider is forced off track by another rider then only advantage gained (position or time gained) will be considered.