New to motogp.com?Register here
- Brad Binder starts from pole for only the second time in his career and from the front row for just the fourth time. Binder could become the first rider to win four successive Moto3™ grand prix races.
- The rider starting on pole has not won in the Moto3™ class for the last eleven races. The last time a rider starting a Moto3™ race from pole won the race was Enea Bastianini at Misano last year.
- Niccolo Antonelli is on the front row for the second time in 2016. Antonelli has not finished on the podium since winning the opening race of the year in Qatar.
- In third place on the grid is Jorge Navarro – his fourth front row start of the year. Navarro finished sixth last year in Catalunya, which was his best GP result at that time.
- Heading the second row of the grid and highest placed rookie on the grid is Nicolo Bulega.
- In fifth place on the grid is Enea Bastianini, who has finished second in Catalunya for the last two years, and is the only rider on the grid who has had a grand prix podium finish at this circuit.
- Taking the final place on the second row is Khairul Idham Pawi who has scored just four points since winning the Moto3™ race in Argentina.