New to motogp.com?Register here
Assen has produced some thrilling lightweight class battles in the past but no one in the current field has come out on top. There have already been three first time winners in 2016, will Assen produce a fourth>
- Brad Binder’s second place finish at the Catalan Grand Prix extended his record of finishing on the podium at all of the races so far in 2016. Binder finished seventh last year at the Dutch TT – his best result at the Assen circuit. Binder is the only rider in the Moto3™ class to have scored points at every one of the opening seven races of the year.
- Jorge Navarro set a new Moto3™ lap record last year at the Dutch TT on his way to finishing in fourth place, which was his best grand prix result at that time.
- After battling for the lead throughout the race, Romano Fenati finished fifth last year at the Dutch TT, just 0.252 seconds behind race winner Miguel Oliveira.
- Fabio Quartararo finished second last year at the Dutch TT, which was the last time that he has finished on the podium. Quartararo is the only rider currently competing in the Moto3 class who has had a grand prix podium finish at the Assen circuit.
- Enea Bastianini qualified on pole last year for the Moto3™ race at the Dutch TT. After battling for the lead for most of the race he lost out on the final few laps to eventually finish sixth.
4 years ago
Well I think this sums up my race... Was fighting for 1st before I made a mistake and went farming... Sorry to my team @redbull_ktm_ajo... Luckily still finished in 12th positions and got some points.