New to motogp.com?Register here
With the top three split by only ten points, victory at the Motul TT Assen will be crucial as every points begins to matter more and more. But who has historical form on their side?
- Alex Rins finished on the podium twice in the Moto3™ class at Assen: third in 2013 and second in 2014. In 2015 he was fourth at the Dutch TT from seventh place on the grid.
- Sam Lowes crashed out of the Moto2™ race at Assen two years ago, on the ninth lap; he re-started but crashed again before the end of the lap, ending his race. Last year Lowes finished third at Assen. Lowes won the World Supersport at Assen race in 2013 on his way to taking the world title.
- Johann Zarco qualified on pole and won the Moto2™ race at the Dutch TT last year – his first podium finish at the Assen circuit. Zarco has now won ten of the last nineteen Moto2 races.
- Thomas Lüthi’s second place finish at Assen in 2008 was his first podium finish at the Dutch TT and his best ever result in the 250cc class. He has had one podium finish in the Moto2™ class at the Dutch TT – third in 2010.
- Malaysian rider Hafizh Syahrin moved up to fifth place in the championship classification with his fourth place finish in Catalunya. He has already scored 60 points from the first seven races of 2016, just four points less than he achieved throughout the 2015 season.
- Johann Zarco is the only rider currently competing in Moto2™ who has won in the class at Assen. Other riders from the Moto2™ class who have won previously at the Dutch TT are: Mattia Pasini (125cc – 2007), Alex Marquez (Moto3™ – 2014), Miguel Oliveira (Moto3™ – 2015).
4 years ago
Not perfect but more points. 5 between us 3 .... The fight is on!! We have lots to improve and potential very high .... Feeling very positive. Thanks to my team and everyone for all the support means a lot #onit #onegoal #believe