3 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
- Johann Zarco has twice finished on the podium at the Sachsenring – second in the 125cc race in 2011 and second in the Moto2™ race last year, after starting from pole position. In 2014 he crashed out of the Moto2™ race in Germany on the 15th lap at Turn 12; although he escaped unhurt his bike was badly damaged after spectacularly catching fire.
- Following his second at the Dutch TT, Zarco leads the world championship classification for the first time this year after being thirty-one points behind the championship leader following the French GP.
-Alex Rins won the Moto3™ race in Germany in 2013, from pole position. Last year, his rookie year in the Moto2™ class, he finished third in Germany, after starting from 12th place on the grid.
- Sam Lowes finished 20th two years ago in Germany, after qualifying down in 26th place on the grid – his worst qualifying result of his debut season in the Moto2™ class. Last year he finished fifth in Germany from ninth place on the grid.
- Tom Luthi’s only podium finish at the Sachsenring is second in 2005, the year he won the 125cc world title. His best results at the circuit in the Moto2™ class are fifth place finishes in both 2011 and 2012. Luthi made his grand prix debut at the Sachsenring back in 2002 when he was just fifteen years old.
- Takaaki Nakagami has finished on the podium at the last two races – the first time he has successive podium finishes since he finished second at four successive races in 2013. Nakagami finished seventh last year at the Sachsenring – his best result at the German circuit.
- Franco Morbidelli finished sixth in Germany two years ago, which was his best GP result at that time. Last year in Germany he was in the top three throughout the race and then crashed at the final corner when battling with Tito Rabat for third place.
- Jonas Folger’s best result at his home grand prix is seventh in the 125cc race in 2011.
- Last year Xavier Simeon won the Moto2™ race in Germany – the first Belgium rider to win a grand prix since Didier de Radigues in 1983. Simeon has not stood on the podium since winning in Germany last year.
- Two years ago in Germany, Dominique Aegerter took his first and so far only grand prix win in what was his 129th grand prix start.
- Simone Corsi has finished in the top four for the last three years in Germany; second in 2013, third in 2014 and 4th last year.
- In addition to Aegerter, Simeon and Rins mentioned above, the other riders who are currently competing in the Moto2™ class that have won grand prix races at the Sachsenring circuit are: Danny Kent (2015/Moto3™), Sandro Cortese (2012/Moto3™), Julian Simon (2009/125cc) and Mattia Pasini (2006/125cc).
3 years ago
3 years ago