New to motogp.com?Register here
- Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) has qualified on pole position for the fourth time in his career, all of which have been in 2016. He has not managed a win on the three previous occasions he has started from pole, however.
- Second place in qualifying is Enea Bastianini (Gresini Racing Moto3) – his sixth successive front row. Bastianini took his maiden win in the Moto3™ race at Misano last year.
- Niccolo Bulega (Sky Racing Team VR46) has qualified in third place on the grid – his first front row since the Dutch TT.
- Jakub Kornfeil (Drive M7 SIC Racing Team) has qualified at the head of the second row of the grid, which equals his best qualifying so far in 2016, which was at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
- Fifth fastest qualifier Jorge Navarro (Estrella Galicia 0,0) will be aiming to get back on the podium for the first time since his maiden win in the Catalan GP.
- Eighth place qualifier is Hiroki Ono (Honda Team Asia) – his best grid position since he was on the front row at Mugello last year.
7 months ago