New to motogp.com?Register here
- For the first time since the Czech GP last year, all of the riders on the front row for the Moto3™ race are on Honda machinery.
- No Honda rider has won in the Moto3™ class from pole since Enea Bastianini (Gresini Racing Moto3) at Misano last year, and Honda have never won a lightweight-class grand prix at the Aragon circuit.
- Bastianini, who starts on pole for the third time in 2016, has not stood on the top step of the podium since the San Marino Grand Prix last year. Bastianini was on pole in Aragon last year, but crashed on the final lap together with Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo).
- Jorge Navarro (Estrella Galicia 0,0) is in second place on the grid, his first front row start since the Catalan Grand Prix when he went on to take his first GP win – the last time he stood on the podium.
- In third place on the grid is EG 0,0 rider Aron Canet – his third front row start in his rookie grand prix season.
- Heading the second row is Phillip Oettl (Schedl Racing GP), his best grid position since he was on pole in Austin.
- Championship leader Brad Binder, who is on the second row, has never finished higher than 8th at the Aragon Grand Prix.
- After suffering a penalty of three grid positions, Livio Loi (RW Racing GP BV) drops down to the second row – his best grid position since he was on the front row at the opening race of the year in Qatar.
3 years ago
3 years ago