New to motogp.com?Register here
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Binder takes the Moto3™ title!
- Brad Binder is the first South African rider to win a grand prix world title in any class since Jon Ekerold won the 350cc title in 1980.
- He is the first ever South African rider to win the lightweight-class world title.
- He has won the world title with four races of the season remaining, something that has never previously been achieved in the lightweight-class of grand prix racing under the current scoring system introduced in 1993.
- This is the third time that a KTM rider has won the Moto3™ world title, adding to the championships won by Sandro Cortese in 2012 and Maverick Viñales in 2013.
- At the age of 21 years 45 days, Binder is the youngest ever South African to win a grand prix world title.
- Binder took the lead of the championship when he finished third at the second race of the year in Argentina and has remained at the head of the championship table throughout the rest of the season.
3 years ago