New to motogp.com?Register here
- The six Moto2™ races that have taken place at the Valencia GP have been won by six different riders: 2010 – Karel Abraham, 2011 – Michele Pirro, 2012 – Marc Marquez, 2013 – Nico Terol, 2014 – Tom Luthi and 2015 – Tito Rabat.
- Johann Zarco (Ajo Motorsport) has twice finished on the podium at Valencia in the Moto2™ class – third in both 2013 and 2014. Last year he finished seventh in Valencia after qualifying in second place on the grid. Zarco’s win in Malaysia was the 14th time he has stood on the top step of the podium in the Moto2™ class, one more than 2013 Moto2™ champion Tito Rabat. Only Marc Marquez has more Moto2™ wins than Zarco, with sixteen.
- Tom Luthi (Garage Plus Interwetten) has finished on the podium for the last two years in Valencia: a race victory in 2014 and third last year.
- Alex Rins (Paginas Amarillas HP40) finished third at Valencia in 2013 from pole position – his only podium at this circuit from his three years competing in the Moto3™ class. Last year he finished second in Valencia, just 0.309 seconds behind race winner Tito Rabat.
- Franco Morbidelli (Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS), who has finished on the podium at the last four races, has not scored a point in his three previous appearances in Valencia: he finished 17th in 2013, and in 2014 he finished 21st after qualifying on the front row for the first time then crashing and re-starting. Last year he crashed in a multi-rider incident on the first lap and did not make the re-start.
- Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2), who has failed to finish a race since winning in Aragon, was 7th at Valencia in 2014 and last year finished 5th at the final race of the year.
- In addition to Tom Luthi (Garage Plus Interwetten) mentioned above, other riders currently competing in Moto2™ who have had grand prix wins in Valencia are: Simone Corsi (125cc – 2008), Julian Simon (125cc – 2009), Danny Kent (Moto3™ – 2012) and Miguel Oliveira (Moto3™ – 2015).
3 years ago