3 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
- Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo) has qualified on pole position for the first time of his Moto2™ career to become the first Portuguese rider to start from pole position in the intermediate category. This is the first pole position of a non-Kalex rider since Sam Lowes qualified on pole on his Speed Up at Silverstone in 2015.
- Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) is in second place on the grid, which is his eighth front row start in Moto2™. The only Italian with more front row starts in Moto2™ is Andrea Iannone with 15. He is aiming to become the first Italian to get back-to-back Moto2™ victories - with his best result in Argentina a fifth place in 2014.
- Álex Márquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) will start from third place on the grid, which is his second successive front row start after qualifying in second place in Qatar. He started from 15th on the grid last year in Argentina but crashed during the race.
- Heading the second row is Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten), who has not finished higher than sixth in the Moto2™ race in Argentina.
- Jesko Raffin (Garage Plus Interwetten) is in fifth place, equalling his best qualifying result in Moto2™ in Phillip Island last year.
- Takaaki Nakagami (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) will start from 22nd on the grid, which is his worst qualifying result since his 25th place in the Catalan GP in 2015. In Argentina last year, he crossed the line in ninth, which is his best result on this track so far.
3 years ago