New to motogp.com?Register here
- John McPhee (British Talent Team) has qualified on pole position for the third time of his career. His other two were at Phillip Island and Valencia in 2015 and he will be aiming to win his second race to add to his victory in Brno last year.
- Nicolò Bulega (Sky Racing Team VR46) is in second place on the grid, which is his best qualifying result since Phillip Island last year, when he also qualified in second place on the grid. Bulega, who crossed the line in 18th from fourth on the grid last year in Argentina, will be aiming to win for the first time in his GP career.
- Jorge Martín (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) will start from third on the grid, which is his third front row of his career. His best result in Argentina is an eighth place last year.
- Heading the second row is Arón Canet (Estrella Galicia 0,0), which is his best qualifying since his pole position in Valencia last year.
- Fabio Di Giannantonio (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) is in fifth place on the grid, which is his best starting position since qualifying fourth in Brno last year.
- Taking the final place on the second row is Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers). Fenati is the only rider on the current grid who has won in Argentina (2014).
- After leading the first day in Argentina, Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) is in 16th position on the grid, which is his worst starting place since qualifying 24th in MotorLand Aragon last year. Mir will be aiming to become the first Spanish rider to win back-to-back Moto3™ races since Álex Rins in 2014.
4 years ago
4 years ago