New to motogp.com?Register here
- Álex Márquez (Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS) has qualified on pole position for the first time in the Moto2™ class. He is the ninth Spanish rider and the 57th in total to start from pole position in Moto2 since the introduction of the category in 2010. He will be aiming to win his first race in Moto2™.
- Franco Morbidelli (Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS) will start from second on the grid. This is his sixth successive front row start and he will be aiming to become the first rider to win the opening four intermediate category races of a season since Daijiro Kato in 2001.
- Dominique Aegerter’s (Kiefer Racing) third place on the grid is the best qualifying result for Suter this year and its first front row start since 2014. With Tom Lüthi and Simone Corsi (Speed Up Racing), he is the only rider currently competing in Moto2™ who has stood on the podium in the class in Jerez.
- Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo) will head the second row, which is his best qualifying result since he qualified on pole in Argentina.
- Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team) will start from fifth on the grid and will be aiming to win his first Moto2™ race. His best result in Jerez in the intermediate category is a second place back in 2008 in the 250cc race.
- Francesco Bagnaia (Sky Racing Team VR46) has qualified in sixth position, which is his best qualifying result in his rookie season.
- Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten), who is currently second in the World Championship, will start from 12th on the grid, which is his worst qualifying result since Sachsenring last year.
4 months ago
2 years ago