Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) went fastest in Warm Up at the French GP, from Francesco Bagnaia (Sky Racing Team VR46) and Lorenzo Baldassarri (Forward Racing Team). Baldassarri's teammate Luca Marini was a crasher. For full results, click here!
- Tom Lüthi has qualified on pole position for the seventh time in Moto2™, which equals the tally of 2011 Moto2™ World Champion Stefan Bradl. Lüthi has won twice in the Moto2™ class at Le Mans and he is one of only three riders, with Simone Corsi (Speed Up Racing) and Xavier Siméon (Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2) on the current grid to have stood on the podium at this track in Moto2™.
- Francesco Bagnaia will start from second on the grid, which is his best qualifying result in Moto2™ in only his fifth Moto2 appearance.
- Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) will start from third on the grid. This is his seventh successive front row start, but the first time he has qualified outside of the top two in 2017.
- Heading the second row is Luca Marini in is his best Grand Prix qualifying result.
- Dominique Aegerter (Kiefer Racing) will start from fifth on the grid. His best result in Le Mans is a fourth place finish in 2013.
- Álex Márquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) completes the second row of the grid, which his worst qualifying result this season and the first time he has qualified off the front row. He will be aiming to win back-to-back races for the first time in his Moto2™ career.
1 year ago
1 year ago
New to motogp.com?Register here