New to motogp.com?Register here
Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) laid down a marker in Warm Up at the French GP, even breaking the lap record at the Bugatti circuit to go top. Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers) was second, ahead of Nicolo Bulega (Sky Racing Team VR46). There were a number of crashes at Turn 7, including incidents for Aron Canet (Estrella Galicia 0,0) and Albert Arenas (Aspar Mahindra Moto3). For full results, click here!
- Jorge Martín (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) will start from pole position for the third time in his career, which equals John McPhee (British Talent Team), Romano Fenati and Álex Márquez. This is the first time a Spanish rider has achieved back-to-back pole positions in Moto3™ since Álex Rins in 2013 (Japan-Valencia). Martin will be aiming to take his first Grand Prix win.
- Nicolò Bulega has qualified in second on the grid, equalling his best qualifying result in 2017. He will be aiming to take his first Grand Prix win and the first victory for KTM since Brad Binder in Valencia last year.
- Juanfran Guevara (RBA BOE Racing Team) will start from third on the grid, which is the third front row start of his career.
- Albert Arenas qualified in fifth, which is his best qualifying result in 18 starts and the best for Mahindra since Francesco Bagnaia started third in Sepang last year.
- Niccolò Antonelli (Red Bull KTM Ajo), who was on pole last year in Le Mans, will start from sixth on the grid for the second race in a row.
- This is the first time since Phillip Island last October that two KTM riders have qualified on the front row.
#FrenchGP: Moto3™ Warm Up