New to motogp.com?Register here
Francesco Bagnaia (Sky Racing Team VR46) topped Warm Up at the German GP, ahead of previous winner at the track Xavier Simeon (Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2) and title contender Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) under sunnier skies. For full results, click here!
- Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) will start from pole position for the fifth time in Moto2™, equaling Andrea Iannone. Last year he crashed while leading the race (and then crashed again few laps later) at the Sachsenring.
- Álex Márquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) qualified in second on the grid, his seventh front row start this season. He will be aiming to win for the third time in 2017.
- Sandro Cortese (Dynavolt Intact GP) is in third place on the grid, his first front row start since the Spanish GP last year. He also equals the best qualifying result for Suter this year.
- Heading the second row is Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team). Pasini, Khairul Idham Pawi and Cortese have all won in the lightweight category at this track.
- Héctor Garzó, who replaces Xavi Vierge at Tech 3 Racing Team this weekend, will start from fifth on the grid in what is his first Grand Prix race. This is the best qualifying for the Mistral 610 Tech3 machine since Xavier Simeon qualified fourth at the German GP in 2012.
- Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo) will start from sixth on the grid. He crashed last year at the Sachsenring in wet conditions during what was his first Moto2™ race at the track.
- Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) qualified in seventh, his second worst qualifying result so far in 2017 after his 12th in Spain. Lüthi made his Grand Prix debut at the Sachsenring back in 2002 in the 125cc class.
- Takaaki Nakagami (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) qualified in 25th on the grid, his worst qualifying result since he was 25th on the grid in Barcelona 2015.