New to motogp.com?Register here
Raul Fernandez (Aspar Mahindra Moto3) - replacing injured Albert Arenas - topped Warm Up ahead of the German GP, with the track still damp in places after overnight rain. He was almost half a second clear of title contender Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers) and Malaysian Adam Norrodin (SIC Racing Team).
For full results, click here!
#GermanGP: Moto3™ Warm Up
- Arón Canet (Estrella Galicia 0,0) has qualified on pole position for the second time this year and the third in his career so far. Canet will be aiming to be the first rider to win a Moto3™ race from pole since Brad Binder in Australia last year. He has failed to score any points on the last two occasions he has started from pole. He was in third last year on the grid at the Sachsenring but crossed the line in 15th.
- This is the ninth successive pole position for a Honda rider this year, the longest run of successive poles in the Moto3™ class by one manufacturer since 2015, when the Japanese manufacturer qualified on pole 11 successive times.
- Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) qualified in second, his third front row start of the season. None of his four wins this year have come after qualifying on the front row.
- Nicolò Bulega (Sky Racing Team VR46) qualified in third, his fourth front row start of the season. He will be aiming to win his first Moto3™ race and to finish on the podium for the first time in 2017.
- Heading the second row is Marcos Ramírez (Platinum Bay Real Estate), his best qualifying result so far in grand prix racing.
- Tony Arbolino (SIC58 Squadra Corse) qualified in fifth, which is also his best qualifying result.
- Philipp Öttl (Südmetall Schedl GP Racing) will head the third row. He will be aiming to become the first German rider to win at the Sachsenring since Sandro Cortese in 2012.
- Injury replacement and 2015 Moto3™ World Champion Danny Kent (Red Bull KTM Ajo) qualified in 16th but was given a 12-position grid penalty on Friday. He will have to start from 28th place on the grid, his worst Moto3™ starting position after a dry qualifying session.
3 years ago