New to motogp.com?Register here
- Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) starts from pole for the fourth time in 2017. On the three previous occasions Marquez has been on pole at Brno he has not gone on to win the race: in the Moto2™ class in 2011 and the MotoGP™ class in both 2014 and 2016.
- Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) is on the front row for the fourth time in 2017. This is his best qualifying result at Brno since he was on pole in 2009, which was also the last time he won at this circuit. Rossi’s win at the Dutch TT is his only podium appearance in the last six races.
- Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team) is in third place of the grid for the second successive race. This is the first time that he has started from the front row at back-to-back races since 2015.
- Heading the second row is Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team), his second best qualifying result so far in 2017 after his third place on the grid at Mugello. From his four previous appearances on a Ducati at Brno Dovizioso has never finished higher than 6th.
- In the middle of the second row is Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda), who won at Brno last year after qualifying in 10th place the grid.
- In sixth place on the grid is Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team), who has finished on the podium at Brno five times in the last seven years, including victories in both 2010 and 2015.
- Movistar Yamaha MotoGP's Maverick Viñales is in seventh place on the grid, the fourth successive races he has failed to get onto either of the top two rows. Viñales will be aiming to get back onto the podium for the first time since he was 2nd at Mugello at the beginning of June.
- After qualifying on the front row at the last three races, Danilo Petrucci (Octo Pramac Racing) starts from eighth place on the grid. Petrucci finished 7th at Brno last year – his equal best result of 2016.
- Taking the final place on the third row is Pull&Bear Aspar Team's Alvaro Bautista, who will be aiming for top six finishes in back-to-back races for the first time since 2014.
- Heading the fourth row is Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), who has who has scored points at every race since crashing on his debut in the MotoGP™ class at the opening race of the year in Qatar.
- The highest placed Suzuki in qualifying is Alex Rins (Team Suzuk Ecstar) in 13th place on the grid, his best qualifying result so far in his rookie season in the MotoGP™ class.
2 years ago
2 years ago