New to motogp.com?Register here
- Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) won for the first time this year in Brno, his tenth victory in Moto2™ so far, equalling Pol Espargaró. From third place on the grid, he finished fourth in Spielberg in 2016.
- Álex Márquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) crossed the line in second in Czech Republic, his fifth podium finish in the Moto2™ class.
- Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo) stood on the podium for the fifth time this year in Brno. He crossed the line in 14th last year in Austria from 18th on the grid.
- Leader of the Championship Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) was eighth in Brno, his worst result since he was also eighth in wet-weather conditions last year at the same track.
- Morbidelli was second in Spielberg last year, which was his best Grand Prix result at that time. He is also the only rider who has stood on a Moto2™ podium at the Red Bull Ring still currently competing in the class.
- Luca Marini (Forward Racing Team) crossed the line in fourth in Brno, the best result so far of his Grand Prix career.
- Fifth in Brno, Xavi Vierge (Tech 3 Racing) equalled his best result from Argentina earlier this year.
- Joe Roberts (AGR Team) became the third American rider who has scored points in the Moto2™ class, alongside Kenny Noyes and Jason Di Salvo.
- Brad Binder will celebrate his 22nd birthday on the first day of the Austrian Grand Prix, while Mattia Pasini will celebrate his 32nd birthday on race day.
1 year ago
6 months ago
6 months ago