New to motogp.com?Register here
- Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) has won six times in the opening ten races of the season. This is the greatest number of wins any rider has achieved from the opening ten races of the year in the lightweight-class of Grand Prix racing since 1997, when Valentino Rossi won eight times in the opening ten races of the year.
- This is his seventh victory so far in Moto3™, equalling Brad Binder.
- In the Moto3™ era, starting in 2012, only three riders have scored the same or more points than Mir (190 points) over the opening ten races of the year: 2015 - Danny Kent (190), 2013 - Luis Salom (208) and Maverick Viñales (194).
- Mir won his first ever Grand Prix in Austria last year from his first and only pole position so far.
- Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers) recorded his fourth successive second place, the first rider who achieve that feat in the Moto3™ class.
- Romano Fenati is now in third in the podiums standing in Moto3™ with 21, behind Álex Rins (23) and Maverick Viñales (22).
- Romano Fenati qualified in 11th on the grid last year in Spielberg. He split with his team on Saturday night and then didn't take part in the race.
- Arón Canet finished in third in Brno, the fifth podium finish of his career. He was 21st last year in Austria, his worst finishing position of his rookie season in the Moto3™ class of grand prix racing.
- Fourth in Brno was the best result for Bo Bendsneyder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) since he was third in Sepang last year. He was seventh in Spielberg last year, his best result at the time.
- The most recent Moto3™ rider to win from pole position is Brad Binder last year at Phillip Island.
- The Czech GP was the eighth all Honda podium this season in the Moto3™ class. Last year in Austria, there were only three Honda riders inside the Top 10 with Enea Bastianini (Estrealla Galicia 0,0 - 3rd), Fabio Di Giannantonio (Del Conca Gresini Moto3 - 8th) and Livio Loi (Leopard Racing - 10th).
9 months ago
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago