New to motogp.com?Register here
Moto3™ Warm Up began on time at the Twin Ring Motegi, before an oil spill on track caused a huge delay and cleanup. Once underway significantly later than planned, the session was shortened to ten minutes and topped by Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers), Philipp Oettl (Südmetall Schedl GP Racing) and Adam Norrodin (SIC Racing Team).
#JapaneseGP: Moto3™ Warm Up
- Sky Racing Team VR46's Nicolò Bulega will start from pole position for the second time in his career, on his 34th GP start. This is the third pole position for a KTM rider so far this season. Bulega will be aiming to win his first race, and the first for a KTM rider at Motegi since Álex Márquez in 2013.
- Niccolò Antonelli (Red Bull KTM Ajo) has qualified in second on the grid; his first front row since he qualified in fourth at Silverstone last year but started from third after Bo Bendsneyder was demoted to eighth. This is the 17th front row start in his 99 Grands Prix, equalling Enea Bastianini (Estrella Galicia 0,0).
- Arón Canet (Estrella Galicia 0,0) has qualified in third, his sixth front row of the season and his tenth of his career.
- Heading the second row is Marco Bezzecchi (CIP), his best qualifying result of his rookie season and the best for a Mahindra rider since Francesco Bagnaia was third at Sepang last year.
- Winner of the Japan Grand Prix last year, Enea Bastinini has qualified in fifth. He will be aiming to win for the third time in his career.
- Title contender Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers) will complete the second row on the gird. He got his first pole position at Motegi in 2015, he has never finished better than fifth on his four Grand Prix races at this track.
- Leader of the Championship Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) has qualified in 14th which his worst qualifying result since Argentina earlier this year when he was 16th on the grid. But he will have a six place grid penalty for irresponsible riding. If he finishes first or second, he will be World Champion irrespective of where closest championship rivals Fenati or Canet finish.
- Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) has qualified in 15th be aiming to be the first Japanese rider in the lightweight class to finish on the podium in Japan since Youichi Ui won the 125cc race at Motegi back in 2001.
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago