New to motogp.com?Register here
Francesco Bagnaia (Sky Racing Team VR46) went quickest in the final few minutes of a wet Warm Up that saw incredibly high rates of attrition – including second fastest Sandro Cortese (Dynavolt Intact GP) and Augusto Fernandez (Speed Up).
Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) as another to crash but with little consequence, with the bigger drama hitting Championship challenger Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) as the Swiss rider took a tumble early on - rider ok - and then missed the remainder of the session. And points leader Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) also spent time in the box, with the Marc VDS team working hard to fix a fault but ultimately forced to sit out the rest of the session.
Front row starter Marcel Schrötter (Dynavolt Intact GP) was another faller, with the German headed to the Medical Center for a check up.
For full results, click here!
#AustralianGP: Moto2™ Warm Up
- Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team)will be on pole position for the fifth time this season, equaling Andrea Iannone and Franco Morbidelli on the pole position tally in the Moto2™ class. He has always failed to score points at Phillip Island in the intermediate category.
- Marcel Schrötter has qualified in second, his best qualifying result of his career so far. This is the best qualifying result from Suter since 2014. He will be aiming to win his first Grand Prix race.
- Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo), who missed the Australian GP last year due to an injury, will be in third on the grid, his fourth front row start this season. He won the Moto3™ race on the track back in 2015.
- Teammate Brad Binder’s fourth place on the grid is his best qualifying result of his rookie season, the second time he has qualified inside the Top 10 this season with the Czech GP.
- Leading the Championship, Franco Morbidelli has qualified in fifth. For the third successive time he missed the front row. He crossed the line in second last year at Phillip Island from ninth on the grid.
- Álex Márquez has qualified in sixth, which is worst qualifying result since he was also sixth back at Brno earlier this year.
- The winner of last year at Phillip Island, Tom Lüthi has qualified in 10th; he is the only rider currently competing in Moto2™ who has won in the class at Phillip Island.
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago