New to motogp.com?Register here
Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) topped the second day of the official Moto3™ test at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto, setting a 1:46.455 in windier conditions on the second day of track action. But as it was on Wednesday, there were three riders within a tenth at the top and Canet was closely followed by Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) and Day 1’s fastest Tony Arbolino (Snipers Team). The Italian remains fastest overall, however, and was the fastest Honda after KTM flipped the trend to take a 1-2 on Day 2.
Canet, Masia and Arbolino lead day 2 of the Jerez Test
Next up was Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) in fourth as he pipped teammate and Day 2 crasher Marcos Ramirez, with the two Estrella Galicia 0,0 machines also two-by-two just behind. Alonso Lopez was just ahead of rookie teammate Sergio Garcia by half a tenth, with both showing good pace.
Ayumu Sasaki (Petronas Sprinta Racing) was further up on Thursday as he took P8 overall, just ahead of Dennis Foggia (Sky Racing Team VR46). Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) completed the top ten, another rookie who impressed.
Rookie Tom Booth-Amos (CIP – Green Power) was one crasher and he seriously dented his track time, and compatriot John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) also suffered an off. Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia), Ramirez and Nicccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) all crashed at Turn 11 within a few minutes of each other, but the incidents were unrelated.
The top 10:
1. Aron Canet - (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) - 1:46.455
2. Jaume Masia - (Bester Capital Dubai) - +0.034
3. Tony Arbolino - (Snipers Team) - +0.075
4. Lorenzo Dalla Porta - (Leopard Racing) - +0.156
5. Marcos Ramirez - (Leopard Racing) - +0.251
6. Alonso Lopez - (Estrella Galicia 0,0) - +0.348
7. Sergio García - (Estrella Galicia 0,0) - +0.395
8. Ayumu Sasaki - (Petronas Sprinta Racing) - +0.498
9. Dennis Foggia - (Sky Racing Team VR46) - +0.585
10. Ai Ogura - (Honda Team Asia) - +0.592
There’s more from Jerez on Friday on the final day – make sure to check out all the updates as the lightweight runners get ready to race!
7 months ago
2 years ago