New to motogp.com?Register here
Tony Arbolino (Snipers Team) has kicked off the final 2019 preseason test for the Moto3™ class as the fastest rider after the Spaniard set a 2:07.753 to go 0.101 quicker than teammate Romano Fenati.
The opening day at the Losail International Circuit was seriously affected by strong winds in Doha, but in the end it was the two Snipers Team Honda riders who continued their strong winter testing. Their nearest challenger was third place Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing), 0.530 back from Arbolino, with his teammate Marcos Ramirez sitting fourth after Day 1 – 0.560 splitting the top four.
Completing the top five was Honda Team Asia’s Kaito Toba, with sixth fastest Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) the only other rider to get within a second of Arbolino – 0.881 the deficit.
Ai Ogura’s (Honda Team Asia) 2:08.784 puts the Japanese rider in seventh place on Friday, with less than a tenth separating him from eighth place Alonso Lopez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) and ninth quickest Kazuki Masaki (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race), who was also the leading KTM rider. The only man in the top ten who failed to improve their time in the third and final session of the day was Gabriel Rodrigo (Kommerling Gresini Moto3), the Argentine’s 2:08.926 set in session two.
Hear McPhee's thoughts after Day 1
The lightweight class will be back on track tomorrow for their penultimate day of preseason testing, keep up to date with Live Timing on motogp.com.
Top ten on Day 1:
1. Tony Arbolino - (Snipers Team) – 2:07.753
2. Romano Fenati - (Snipers Team) - +0.101
3. Lorenzo Dalla Porta - (Leopard Racing) - +0.530
4. Marcos Ramirez - (Leopard Racing) - +0.560
5. Kaito Toba - (Honda Team Asia) - +0.855
6. Niccolò Antonelli - (SIC58 Squadra Corse) - +0.881
7. Ai Ogura - (Honda Team Asia) - +1.031
8. Alonso López - (Estrella Galicia 0,0) - +1.091
9. Kazuki Masaki - (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) - +1.093
10. Gabriel Rodrigo - (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) - +1.173
Click here for the full results!
Who was fastest on Day 1 at the Moto3™ Qatar Test?
1 year ago
3 years ago