1 year ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
Repsol Honda Team’s Marc Marquez jumped to the top of the timesheets at the Gran Premio Red Bull de España in FP4 but only just, with Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP’s Maverick Viñales finishing just 0.010 seconds behind the reigning World Champion’s 1:37.651.
After a crash in FP3 this morning, LCR Honda Castrol’s Cal Crutchlow bounced back to go third quickest and just over a tenth adrift of his fellow Honda rider. Petronas Yamaha SRT’s Fabio Quartararo continues to impress to end the session fourth overall, just over a quarter of a second away from top spot.
Mission Winnow Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso also showing he has strong race pace by ending the session fifth quickest. Plus, with the top 16 covered by less than a second it looks like Sunday’s main event will be closely contested.
Pole position will be settled shortly but who will get the chance to fight for first place on the grid? MotoGP™ Q1 gets underway at 14:10 (GMT+2).
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:37.651
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.010
3. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.105
4. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.274
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) + 0.372
6. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.414
7. Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Racing) + 0.435
8. Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati) + 0.455
9. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.604
10. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.608
1 year ago
2 years ago