New to motogp.com?Register here
With plenty of action still to unfold over the weekend, the Gran Premio D’Italia Oakley has seen records tumble in MotoGP™. Not only has Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati) topped FP3 with a new outright lap record, his fellow countryman and teammate Andrea Dovizioso broke the top speed record, with an astonishing 356.7kmh/h.
Eclipsing his previous record, which was set in the last year's race, by just 0.2km/h, Dovizioso was 1.7km/h quicker than teammate Danilo Petrucci during the FP3 session at Mugello. But as if that wasn't enough, Petrucci clocked 355.0km/h during the same session to see himself move into the top five fastest ever speeds in MotoGP™ history. However, with qualifying and the race still to come surely the 357km/h barrier is in reach.
1. Andrea Dovizioso (2019; Ducati) - 356.7km/h
2. Andrea Dovizioso (2018; Ducati) - 356.5km/h
3. Danilo Petrucci (2018; Ducati) - 355.8km/h
4. Michele Pirro (2018; Ducati) - 355.2km/h
5. Danilo Petrucci (2019; Ducati) - 355.0km/h