New to motogp.com?Register here
Tech 3 E-Racing’s Hector Garzo has finished Day 1 of the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup official Valencia Test at the top of the timesheets thanks to his 1:41.743, with Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) and Niki Tuuli (Ajo MotoE) completing the top three.
A 1:42.136 puts EG 0,0 Marc VDS’ Mike Di Meglio in fourth on the opening day at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo, but it wasn’t such a successful day for fellow Frenchman Randy de Puniet. The LCR-E Team rider suffered a nasty highside at Turn 11 and will have an x-ray on Monday evening on his foot, the former MotoGP™ podium finisher will be back on the bike for Day 2 and 3 though. Nico Terol (Openbank Angel Nieto Team) rounded out the top five with a 1:42.155.
The Energica Ego Corsa bikes will be back on track for Day 2 on Tuesday. Will Garzo’s time be beaten?
1. Hector Garzo (Tech 3 E-Racing) 1:41.236
2. Eric Granado ((Avintia Esponsorama Racing) +0.060
3. Niki Tuuli (Ajo MotoE) + 0.423
4. Mike Di Meglio ((EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.900
5. Nico Terol (Openbank Angel Nieto Team) + 0.919
6. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) + 1.044
7. Maria Herrera (Openbank Angel Nieto Team) + 1.117
8. Alex De Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 1.206
9. Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 1.579
10. Jesko Raffin (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 1.628
2 years ago