New to motogp.com?Register here
ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team’s Tetsuta Nagashima starts the Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky as the fastest man in Moto2™ having taken top spot in FP1, the Japanese rider sits a slender 0.060 clear of second fastest Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) and 0.061 faster than Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40).
Nagashima left it late to set his table-topping 2:02.080 to lead the intermediate class field on a cloudy morning in the Czech Republic, with Binder and Fernandez also setting their quickest times in the latter stages of the session. Binder was out on KTM’s new Moto2™ chassis and judging by the times, the Austrian factory seemed to have found a solution – time will tell, however.
The returning Mattia Pasini got life at Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2 off to a great start, the Italian led for periods of FP1 but eventually finished P4, 0.177 from P1. Championship contender Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) had a solid morning, the Swiss rider closed out the top five while title rival Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) could only manage P19.
A second covered the top 14 in the opening Moto2™ session of the weekend, will the times be as tight – if not tighter – in the afternoon when conditions have improved? Find out when Moto2™ FP2 goes live at 15:10 local time (GMT+2).
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Moto2™ FP1 at the Czech GP: Friday in full swing
1. Tetsuta Nagashima (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) 2’02.080
2. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) +0.060
3. Augusto Fernandez (Flexbox HP 40) +0.061
4. Mattia Pasini (Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2) +0.177
5. Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) +0.510
6. Nicolo Bulega (Sky Racing Team VR46) +0.577
7. Iker Lecuona (American Racing KTM) +0.658
8. Jorge Navarro (HDR Heidrun Speed Up) +0.675
9. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) +0.783
10. Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) +0.883
Click here for the full results!