New to motogp.com?Register here
On his final flying lap Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) was able to beat Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers) by 0.041 seconds in a wet Moto3™ FP3 session at the Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky, with birthday boy Tony Arbolino making it two VNE Snipers bikes in the top three.
Heavy rain in the morning meant the Automotodrom Brno was soaked as the lightweight class got Saturday underway. The rain cleared and as the track conditions slightly improved and the riders became accustomed to the wet, times improved throughout the session. Fenati ousted teammate Arbolino from top spot on his final flying lap to sit 0.4 clear of the field, but Masia pipped the Italian to the post to claim FP3 honours.
Makar Yurchenko (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) was fourth quickest, the Kazakhstan rider was 0.602 off Masia’s time, with Can Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) fast throughout the session on board his KTM machine – the rookie was 0.870 off P1.
Will conditions stay wet for qualifying? The top 14 from Friday’s dry action have already booked their place in Q2 with Arbolino fastest, but the likes of Öncü and Yurchenko will have to play in Q1. Watch Moto3™ qualifying live at 12:35 local time (GMT+2).
Top 10 in FP3:
1. Jaume Masia (Bester Capital Dubai) 2:16.962
2. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers) + 0.041
3. Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) + 0.477
4. Makar Yurchenko (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) + 0.602
5. Can Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.870
6. Raul Fernandez (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) + 1.015
7. Albert Arenas (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) + 1.375
8. Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 1.382
9. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) + 1.494
10. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 1.775
Click here for the combined standings!
3 weeks ago