New to motogp.com?Register here
Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) set a new lap record in Moto3™ FP1 at the GoPro British Grand Prix after setting a 2:12.008 to head the field by a whopping 0.674, with Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia) and Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) completing the top three.
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Moto3™ FP1 at the British GP: Engines on at Silverstone
Conditions were cloudy but dry for the start of the weekend as the Moto3™ riders took to Silverstone’s new asphalt for the first time. The cool conditions meant it took time for the riders to get down to competitive lap times but Arbolino dipped under the lap record pace in the latter stages, a sure sign the new surface is providing the riders with plenty of grip.
Behind the top trio was Championship contender Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team), the Spaniard was the last rider to get within a second of Arbolino’s time as Andrea Migno (Bester Capital Dubai) rounded out the top five.
Home hero John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) was an early crasher at Luffield, with Kazuki Masaki (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) crashing into the back of SKY Racing Team VR46’s Dennis Foggia at Copse corner. Thankfully, both riders were ok after that big shunt.
Arbolino sits well clear after FP1 in the lightweight class, but you can bet the rest of the field will be going quicker in the afternoon. Catch Moto3™ FP2 live at 13:15 local time (GMT+1).
1. Tony Arbolino (VNE Snipers) – 2:12.008
2. Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia) + 0.674
3. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Leopard Racing) + 0.685
4. Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) + 0.895
5. Andrea Migno (Bester Capital Dubai) + 1.045
6. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers) + 1.071
7. Alonso Lopez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) + 1.139
8. Jakub Kornfeil (Redox PrüstelGP) + 1.236
9. Jeremy Alcoba (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 1.259
10. Marcos Ramirez (Leopard Racing) + 1.311
Click here for the full results!
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago