New to motogp.com?Register here
Ajo MotoE’s Niki Tuuli started a hectic weekend of electric action at the Grand Prix Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini in the best way possible by topping the opening MotoE™ session by just under a tenth of a second.
MotoE™: How do you get pure energy from start to finish?
The Finn ended 0.098 of second clear of Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE), with Brazilian Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) a further tenth adrift of the Italian in third. In a typically tight FP1 session, Tech 3 E-Racing finished fourth on the timesheets, but still within a quarter of a second of Tuuli, before Avintia Esponsorama Racing’s Xavier Simeon completed the top five.
How does a World Champion adapt to a new Cup and a new bike?
The second Free Practice session for the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup gets underway at the earlier time of 12:35 before the grid is set ahead of the races on Saturday and Sunday in E-Pole, at 16:05 (GMT+2) this afternoon.
FP1 top ten:
1. Niki Tuuli (Ajo MotoE) – 1:45.071
2. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) + 0.098
3. Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.092
4. Hector Garzo (Tech 3 E-Racing) + 0.235
5. Xavier Simeon (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.282
6. Jesko Raffin (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.288
7. Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.369
8. Bradley Smith (One Energy Racing) + 0.454
9. Niccolo Canepa (LCR E-Team) + 0.488
10. Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.515
1 year ago
1 year ago