Thanks to a dominant display on home turf at MotorLand Aragon, Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) has his first match point of the season this weekend at the PTT Thailand Grand Prix.
FREE: The epic last lap battle for victory in Thailand
The seven-time Champion sits a comfortable 98 points clear of Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) in the overall standings with five rounds remaining. This means that Marquez has to gain two points on Dovizioso at the end of Sunday’s race to win the 2019 MotoGP™ World Championship.
So, Marquez will be crowned Champion if:
- He wins, regardless of where Dovizioso finishes.
- He finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th and Dovizioso finishes behind him.
- He finishes 5th and Dovizioso finishes worse than 6th (7th or lower).
- He finishes 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th or 13th and Dovizioso finishes at least two places behind in each case.
- He finishes 14th and Dovizioso doesn’t score any points.
The Honda and Ducati duo duelled until the last corner of the last lap in last season's epic Buriram encounter, with the number 93 coming out on top - just. If the same outcome occurs this year, Marquez will be Champion...
2 years ago
3 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here