New to motogp.com?Register here
After the action of wet FP3 earlier in the day, FP4 was sunny and back to familiar conditions for the MotoGP™ class at the PTT Thailand Grand Prix, at the Chang International Circuit. Providing the perfect opportunity to take part in race simulations and make crucial changes for finite and incremental gains, it was fastest-on-Friday Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) who headed Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) and Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP).
Marquez set a string of fast laps, setting his fastest on the ninth of 15. Quartararo leapt up the order in the closing stages, whilst Viñales was strong throughout. Completing the top four was top Ducati throughout the weekend, Jack Miller (Pramac Racing), whilst Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) strung together a strong set of laps on used rubber, slotting in behind Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) who continues to improve throughout the weekend.
Top 10 after FP4, full results here!
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) 1’30.755
2. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) +0.027
3. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) +0.198
4. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) +0.498
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) +0.634
6. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) +0.656
7. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) +0.672
8. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) +0.716
9. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) +0.717
10. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) +0.740
3 years ago
6 years ago