The Chang International Circuit is set to provide exciting action in the 2019 MotoGP™ season, as the Championship victory looms for leader Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team). The Spaniard started his day well and set the pace ahead of the 26-lap battle of Buriram, whilst Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) led a quartet of Yamahas right behind the Repsol Honda rider.
Perfect start to a huge day for @marcmarquez93! ????— MotoGP™ ???????? (@MotoGP) October 6, 2019
The @HRC_MotoGP rider leads a quartet of Yamahas in morning warm-up! ????#ThaiGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/nVQq9Q2PVo
Marquez led the way ahead of a crucial afternoon for himself and the Repsol Honda Team, but pole-sitter Fabio Quartararo was right behind him in second position and reeled off a set of low 1’31 lap times. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) came to third place, ahead of teammate Valentino Rossi – the two Factory Yamahas in the same position ahead of the race as they were when they completed the race last season. Completing the top five was the fourth Yamaha in the field, Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT), exactly half-a-second behind Marquez.
Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) ended up sixth but had smoking pouring off the front end of his Ducati GP19, causing him to return to the pits, although he returned to the track for a practice start.
Is there an issue with @AndreaDovizioso's Ducati? ????— MotoGP™ ???????? (@MotoGP) October 6, 2019
The Italian has pulled in after seeing smoke coming from the left-side of his machine! ????#ThaiGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/Q7a8kNSASQ
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) 1’30.921
2. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) +0.229
3. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) +0.260
4. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) +0.408
5. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) +0.500
6. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) +0.542
7. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) +0.564
8. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) +0.658
9. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) +0.662
10. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) +0.757
2 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here