New to motogp.com?Register here
Red Bull KTM Ajo’s Brad Binder closed Sunday morning’s Moto2™ warm-up at the Pramac Generac Australian Grand Prix at the top of the timesheets, just 0.003 of a second clear of his KTM counterpart, Red Bull KTM Tech 3’s Marco Bezzecchi.
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Moto2™ Day 2 recap: Navarro dominates qualifying on the Island
The top 19 were split by under a second at Phillip Island with the whole of the intermediate class grid trying to make the absolute most of the twenty-minute session, as a result of limited dry track time across the weekend. FlexBox HP40’s Lorenzo Baldassarri was third quickest, ahead of Federal Oil Gresini Moto2’s Sam Lowes, who will be hoping to charge through from the back of the grid later today.
Dynavolt Intact GP’s Tom Lüthi completed the top five in a session where two riders crashed, fortunately unhurt. Those being: Italtrans Racing Team’s Enea Bastianini and monday.com American Racing KTM’s Joe Roberts.
Beta Tools Speed Up’s Jorge Navarro starts from pole position at 13:20 local time (GMT+11), can he claim a debut Moto2™ win or will we see KTM dominate the Australian Grand Prix after the orange brand has shown incredible pace all weekend.
1. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:32.933
2. Marco Bezzecchi (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) + 0.003
3. Lorenzo Baldassarri (FlexBox HP 40) + 0.007
4. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.194
5. Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.198
6. Iker Lecuona (monday.com American Racing) + 0.242
7. Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.262
8. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.326
9. Remy Gardner (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) + 0.396
10. Tetsuta Nagashima (ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team) + 0.459
Click here for results!