6 days ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
EG 0,0 Marc VDS' Marc Marquez clinched the 2019 Moto2™ World Championship at the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix thanks to his tenth podium finish of the season. But what are the other statistics behind the Spaniard becoming a two-time World Champion? Here are the key facts and figures behind your intermediate class Champion...
Support for this video player will be discontinued soon.
Here is your 2019 Moto2™ World Champion!
- Alex Marquez became the first rider the win the Moto2™ World Championship having previously clinched the Moto3™ title.
- With his brother Marc taking the Moto2™ title back in 2012, this is the first time two brothers have both clinched the title in the intermediate category.
- In addition, with Marc taking the 125cc title in 2010 and Alex the Moto3™ title in 2014, this is the first time that two brothers clinch the title in two same classes of Grand Prix racing.
- A. Marquez is the fifth Spanish rider to win the Moto2™ title after along with Toni Elias, his brother Marc, Pol Espargaro and Tito Rabat.
- A. Marquez is the eighth different Spanish rider to clinch the title in the intermediate category. Marquez’s title is also 11th in the class for Spanish riders and the 52nd in Grand Prix racing.
- With eight wins in Moto2™, A. Marquez tied in sixth place on the list of riders with the most wins in the class with Andrea Iannone, Franco Morbidelli and Francesco Bagnaia.
- A. Marquez sits in fourth place on the list of Spanish riders with the most wins in the class, behind his brother Marc (16), Tito Rabat (13) and Pol Espargaro (10).
- A. Marquez has stood on the podium 10 times this season so far and 23 in the Moto2™ class, equalling Pol Espargaro, who stands in fifth place on the list of riders with most podium finishes in the class, two less than Marc Marquez.
- With 23 podium finishes, A. Marquez is now tied in third place with Pol Espargaro on the list of Spanish riders with most podium finishes in the Moto2™ class.
- With his pole position in Malaysia, his sixth of the season so far and the 12th in Moto2™ , he now sits in fourth place on the list of Spanish riders with most pole positions in the Moto2™ class, two less than his brother Marc and Pol Espargaro, the fifth overall in the class.
- A. Marquez is only the seventh rider (the fourth Spaniard) who has won at least three races in a row in the Moto2™ class.
6 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago