New to motogp.com?Register here
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) leads the way on Day 2 at the MotoGP™ Jerez Test thanks to a 1:37.820, the second fastest time of the test so far. The eight-time World Champion is followed by Team Suzuki Ecstar duo Alex Rins and Joan Mir, with the top 10 riders all split by half a second.
Most of the riders were able to get into the double figures in terms of laps times before the rain started to fall at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto, despite the action at the start of Tuesday being delayed by 30 minutes duo to track conditions. Tito Rabat (Reale Avinita Racing) was the first man out, with all 23 men spending some time circulating in the dry.
Riders on track for Day 2 of the Jerez Test!
Having missed yesterday through illness, MotoGP™ Legend and Red Bull KTM Factory Racing test rider Dani Pedrosa completed 11 laps before the rain fell, while two Yamahas complete the top five so far on Day 2 – Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) and Petronas Yamaha SRT’s Fabio Quartararo.
And we're off again!— Repsol H????nda Team (@HRC_MotoGP) November 26, 2019
A couple of laps this morning for @marcmarquez93 and @alexmarquez73 aboard their respective Honda RC213V machines.
A 1'37.820 puts Marc at the top of today's timing tower but it's about more than just lap times in testing! ???? pic.twitter.com/f4SaoZMj9M
If the inclement weather stays, some teams and riders are expected to head out on track for a bit of wet weather testing. Keep a keen eye on Live Timing throughout the afternoon to see which riders head out, and don’t forget to tune into a LIVE episode of After the Flag at 16:30 GMT to get all the reaction from the final day of testing before winter.
Day 2 top 10 at 13:00 local time:
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:37.820
2. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.017
3. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.139
4. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.144
5. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.153
6. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.166
7. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.280
8. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.293
9. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.391
10. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.532
After the Flag Day 1 LIVE from the Jerez Test
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago