Kömmerling Gresini Moto3’s Gabriel Rodrigo has gone fastest on Day 1 of Moto3™ testing at Losail International Circuit, with the Argentinean in the driving seat and enjoying a gap of over three tenths at the top. Albert Arenas (Aspar Team) was next up and once again the fastest KTM, with Jerez’s fastest man, Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia), rounding out the top three as he showed some impressive pace once again.
Moto3™: the difficult second year...
For the lightweight and intermediate classes, the test is in pure daylight as they race earlier than MotoGP™, with track time alternating between Moto3™ and Moto2™ sessions. Rodrigo, who left Jerez early on Day 3 already satisfied with his programme, set a 2:05.593 in session three to top the timesheets in Qatar, a whopping 0.350 clear of Arenas. Ogura, whilst also fast, was the first man outside the half second bracket.
Fourth place on Day 1 went the way of John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing), who was also near the top in Jerez, as experienced runners crowd out Ogura in the top five. That top five was completed by Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse).
Pawi: Back from injury and back in Moto3™
Tony Arbolino (Rivacold Snipers Team) was sixth as he moved back up the timesheets into the top ten after some lower key showings last time out, with impressive rookie Jeremy Alcoba (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) slotting into seventh. Filip Salač (Rivacold Snipers Team), Jaume Masia (Leopard Racing) and Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) locked out the fastest ten on Day 1.
The top ten:
1. Gabriel Rodrigo - (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) - 2:05.593
2. Albert Arenas - (Aspar Team) - +0.350
3. Ai Ogura - (Honda Team Asia) - +0.531
4. John McPhee - (Petronas Sprinta Racing) - +0.771
5. Tatsuki Suzuki - (SIC58 Squadra Corse) - +1.001
6. Tony Arbolino - (Rivacold Snipers Team) - +1.040
7. Jeremy Alcoba - (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) - +1.244
8. Filip Salac - (Rivacold Snipers Team) - +1.313
9. Jaume Masià - (Leopard Racing) - +1.349
10. Niccolo Antonelli - (SIC58 Squadra Corse) - +1.361
Stay up to date on motogp.com with rider reactions and get ready for more on Saturday!
4 years ago
4 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here