New to motogp.com?Register here
Filip Salač (Rivacold Snipers Team) made a serious mark on the Qatar Test on Saturday, with the Czech rider finishing the day over half a second clear of the chasing pack led by Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing). Salač was the only man into the 2:04s with a 2:04.892, with Foggia 0.585 off and Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) only another 0.010 in arrears.
Moto3™ Qatar Test: Salac on Top during Day 2
The timesheets were close from second down, with Jaume Masia (Leopard Racing) in fourth and Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) in fifth only split by half a tenth – and Tony Arbolino (Rivacold Snipers Team) made for close company in sixth, too. Albert Arenas (Aspar Team) was the leading KTM in seventh but only just, with Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) taking P8. Sergio Garcia (Estrella Galicia 0,0), who has a little less experience of the venue after sitting out the 2019 edition due to his age, was ninth quickest, with Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) completing the top ten – the fastest rookie.
Two of Jerez's standout performers, Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) and John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing), were P11 and P12.
1. Filip Salac - (Rivacold Snipers Team) - 2:04.892
2. Dennis Foggia - (Leopard Racing) - +0.585
3. Gabri Rodrigo - (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) - +0.595
4. Jaume Masia - (Leopard Racing) - +0.648
5. Tatsuki Suzuki - (SIC58 Squadra Corse) - +0.700
6. Tony Arbolino - (Rivacold Snipers Team) - +0.750
7. Albert Arenas - (Aspar Team) - +0.833
8. Raul Fernández - (Red Bull KTM Ajo) - +0.906
9. Sergio García - (Estrella Galicia 0,0) - +1.036
10. Deniz Öncü - (Red Bull KTM Tech3) - +1.045
One more day remains before the season really starts, so stay up to date with everything on motogp.com and click HERE for full results.
6 months ago
6 months ago