New to motogp.com?Register here
2019 FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup winner Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) kicked off 2020 by topping the Official Jerez Test, setting a best time of 1:47.494 on the final day. Eric Granado’s (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) 1:47.546 on Day 2 placed the Brazilian a close second, with MotoE™ rookie Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) impressing to finish third overall.
Michelin bring two new tyres to MotoE™ for 2020 World Cup
At the end of the three days in Andalucia, the top eight were covered by just eight tenths, with 1.2 seconds splitting the top 14 as MotoE™ got off to a competitive start in 2020. 2019 Cup runner-up Bradley Smith (WithU Motorsport) was fourth fastest at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto, the British rider sitting 0.379 off Ferrari’s pace. Five riders managed to dip their toe into the 1:47 waters and the last of those was Octo Pramac MotoE’s Alex De Angelis, the Sammarinese rider ended the test 0.450 from top spot.
Xavier Simeon (LCR E-Team) was sixth fastest, he and fellow sophomore Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) headed eighth place Niki Tuuli (Avant Ajo MotoE), the Finn still recovering from recent surgery to remove screws from his injury sustained at Misano. Octo Pramac MotoE’s Josh Hook and rookie Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) completed the top 10 as MotoE™ in 2020 sparked into life.
How do you pop a wheelie on a MotoE™ bike?
Throughout the Official Test the MotoE™ class were testing new tyres from Michelin, as well as new Ohlins forks and new airflow cooling for the batteries, which helps the Energica Ego Corsas charge quicker too.
1. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) – 1:47.494
2. Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) + 0.052
3. Dominique Aegerter (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 0.225
4. Bradley Smith (WithU Motorsport) + 0.379
5. Alex De Angelis (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 0.450
6. Xavier Simeon (LCR E-Team) + 0.624
7. Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.816
8. Niki Tuuli (Avant Ajo MotoE) + 0.843
9. Josh Hook (Octo Pramac MotoE) + 1.074
10. Jordi Torres (Pons Racing 40) + 1.100
6 months ago
6 months ago
7 months ago