New to motogp.com?Register here
At the QNB Grand Prix of Qatar, the MotoGP™ Podcast team caught up with one of the most experienced riders in the paddock: former 125cc World Champion Tom Lüthi (Liqui Moly Intact GP).
In this week’s show, Lüthi talks through a number of topics that vary from his humble beginnings in Grand Prix racing, getting shown “how fast you can really go” on a 125cc machine, to a difficult season in the premier class. Lüthi also answers what the 250cc bikes were really like to ride, as well as how to adapt not just a riding style, but your entire mindset as a racer.
The talking points from the chat with Lüthi:
- Trying to become a professional racer, growing up in a country as restrictive automotive wise as Switzerland
- Humble beginnings in Grand Prix racing
- Becoming a World Champion in a David & Goliath battle against KTM
- Moving up to 250s and what they were really like to ride
- His year in MotoGP™ and what it’s like to line up against his childhood hero
- What you learn through the hard times, completely changing preparation and mindset upon his return to Moto2™