New to motogp.com?Register here
Red Bull KTM Ajo's Raul Fernandez set the fastest lap of the opening session of the Gran Premio Red Bull de Andalucia as the lightweight class returned to the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto. The Spaniard's 1:45.896 was just over four tenths slower than the outright lap record set by Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) in last weekend's Moto3™ qualifying session.
Two tenths behind Fernandez and second on Friday morning was two-time poleman in 2020, Suzuki, with the Japanese rider then a tenth clear of Filip Salac (Rivacold Snipers Team) in third. Kömmerling Gresini Moto3's Gabriel Rodrigo was fourth in FP1 after setting the fastest lap in last week's opening session of the Spanish Grand Prix. The Argentinian was a fraction clear of Andrea Migno, with the SKY Racing Team VR46 rider completing the top five.
There were early troubles for the World Championship leader Albert Arenas, however, as the Solunion Aspar Team Moto3 rider broke down halfway through FP1 and was only able to complete a handful of laps. Tune in for Moto3™ FP2 later on today to see if the man who's clinched the opening two victories of the year can get his weekend back on track.
1. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:45.896
2. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.216
3. Filip Salac (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.309
4. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.341
5. Andrea Migno (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.393
6. Carlos Tatay (Reale Avintia Moto3) + 0.396
7. Jeremy Alcoba (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.437
8. Tony Arbolino (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.464
9. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.491
10. Stefano Nepa (Solunion Aspar Team Moto3) + 0.650
9 months ago
9 months ago