New to motogp.com?Register here
Polesitter and Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) topped MotoGP™ Warm Up at the Gran Premio Red Bull de Andalucia, with 14th on the grid Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) 0.114 off in second place. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) completed the top three.
Coming up... Can Quartararo capitalise in Marquez' absence?
It looks set to be another intriguing race in Jerez as temperatures will once again soar by the time we hit 14:00 local time (GM+2). And the competition on track is soaring too with 0.362 covering the top 10 in Warm Up, with a second splitting the fastest 17 riders. Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Racing) finished P4 in Warm Up ahead of his maiden MotoGP™ front row start, with Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemtisu) picking up P5 ahead of what could be a fantastic race for the Japanese rider.
FREE: The last 5 minutes of qualifying in Jerez
With Dovizioso starting P14, plenty of eyes will be on the Italian to see how quickly he can mix it with the leading contenders as he tries to capitalise on Marc Marquez’ (Repsol Honda Team) absence. Will it be 50 points from 50 for Quartararo? Can Viñales take revenge? Or will an underdog snatch victory? It’s all coming your way at 2pm this afternoon – don’t miss it.
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) – 1:37.710
2. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.114
3. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.138
4. Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Racing) + 0.152
5. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemtisu) + 0.192
6. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.292
7. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.308
8. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.315
9. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.329
10. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.362
MotoGP™ riders react to Marquez' decision not to race
Click here for the full results!
3 years ago
3 years ago