New to motogp.com?Register here
Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Joan Mir set a 1:24.365 in morning Warm Up at the myWorld Austrian Grand Prix to finish top of the timesheets. The Spaniard finished 0.002 ahead of compatriot Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing), with polesitter Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) within a tenth in third.
It was another ridiculously close session at the Red Bull Ring and thankfully, the MotoGP™ riders were able to get a dry session under their belts. But in preparation for a potentially wet race, Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) - among others - headed out on wet tyres to scrub them in. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) and Johann Zarco (Esponsorama Racing) finished inside the top five in the 20-minute Sunday stint, before the premier class will go racing at 14:00 local time (GMT+2) this afternoon.
MotoGP™ paddock reacts to Dovizioso and Ducati's divorce
Major question marks are being raised about what the weather will bring in Austria this afternoon. Rain is scheduled to fall at around 2pm, so we could be set for some drama later on. Either way, rain or shine, we’re geared up for a phenomenal race at the Red Bull Ring – don’t miss a single lap of the race!
1. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) – 1:24.365
2. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.002
3. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.028
4. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.200
5. Johann Zarco (Esponsorama Racing) + 0.232
6. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.239
7. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.246
8. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.268
9. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.321
10. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.428
Click here for the full results!