New to motogp.com?Register here
Aron Canet (Oceanica Aspar Team Moto2) left it late to top the Moto2™ Warm Up timesheets at the Gran Premio Lenovo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini. The rookie’s 1:36.649 was enough to beat Remy Gardner (Onexox TKKR SAG Team) by 0.113 as the polesitter suffered a huge Turn 11 highside in the latter stages. Thankfully the Australian walked away, with later confirmation coming in that he went to the medical centre for a check-up, as second on the grid and World Championship leader Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) rounded out the top three on Sunday morning.
Moto2™ recap: Lowes fastest but Gardner to start from pole
Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) was another big-name crasher in the 20-minute session, the quickest rider in qualifying starts from pitlane this afternoon. His teammate Augusto Fernandez was 4th fastest in Warm Up, with title contender and home rider Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) completing a top five covered by 0.201 seconds.
The Moto2™ race gets underway at 12:20 local time (GMT+2) – don’t miss it!
1. Aron Canet (Oceanica Aspar Team Moto2) – 1:36.649
2. Remy Gardner (Onexox TKKR SAG Team) + 0.113
3. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.125
4. Augusto Fernandez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.170
5. Enea Bastianini (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.201
6. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.339
7. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.351
8. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.437
9. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.439
10. Lorenzo Baldassarri (FlexBox HP 40) + 0.460
Click here for the full results!
2 years ago
2 years ago